This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts - Delicious homemade baked doughnuts that are full of pumpkin flavor and topped with a sweet pumpkin maple glaze.
We survived Hurricane Irma!
In the last post that I shared with you, I mentioned that we were bracing ourselves here in Florida to see which direction the system would ultimately end up.
I was a bundle of nerves watching the news while simultaneously going through my preparation list in my head. Did I buy enough water? Should I evacuate my area? If the worst happens, am I prepared?
At some point, I abandoned the entire mental checklist, turned off the news, and decided that I am not in control here. Even being the most prepared person in the world may not make any difference at all.
I imagine some of the people in Houston probably felt the same way except the outcome is much different between the two situations. Harvey made landfall as a category 4. By the time Irma landed in my area, she was downgraded to a tropical storm.
If you have ever spent any amount of time in Florida, then you probably already know that storms are a regular occurrence and just as fast and torrential as they appear, in a few minutes they will pass to make way for the return of the sunshine and thick humidity.
At any rate, we were lucky to have no damage, never lost power during the storm, and being without internet for a day or two is the only complaint that I could have and that is definitely nothing to complain about at all. Things had to be re-scheduled, the kids had a few extra days out of school, and a few activities postponed. Through it all…I am thankful to have little to complain about.
On to Pumpkin Spice season and these Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts that pair perfectly with a fresh cup of coffee, are loaded with pumpkin flavor, and have a sweet pumpkin glaze with the addition of maple syrup. Give them a try!
Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin spice coffee creamer
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. and lightly spray a doughnut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cake flour, baking powder, sugar, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, and salt until combined.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter. Whisk together.
- Make a small well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the buttermilk mixture.
- Use a spoon to stir all of the ingredients together.
- Fill the doughnut well about ⅔ full and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow the doughnuts to remain in the pan for 3 to 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- Make the glaze in a small bowl by whisking together the powdered sugar, creamer, pumpkin puree, and maple syrup until smooth.
- Glaze the doughnuts by dipping the tops into the glaze. May dip 2 to 3 rounds.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for these Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts? Share them in the comments below!