This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pancake Egg Cups – Start your day off right with mini pancakes, sausage, and egg in a delicious muffin cup. Easy to make and perfect for travel.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and a great way to break the fast that your body goes through during the night. Hence break-fast…Brilliant right! If you have ever spent any amount of time consulting a nutrition or trainer then they have probably explained to you how important it is to eat something within the first hour of waking up to jump start your metabolism for the day. Now I do not claim to be a nutritionist or a personal trainer, but I do know that on the days that I eat breakfast I have more energy to get things done and the days that I do not are filled with more snacks and less energy in the afternoon.
Now if your mornings are anything like mine then upon waking up you meet the day with a long ‘to-do list’ and a little worry about how to manage to get everything done. That kind of day leaves little room to stress about small things and that includes trying to figure out how to fit in breakfast. I have made baked egg muffins before and I love to make them in bulk and portion them out to grab for breakfast throughout the week. I have also made these with different ingredients to switch things up a bit and keep it interesting. Recently I thought about what these egg muffins would be like if I added sausage and pancakes to the mix. You know that way you can have eggs, sausage, and pancakes all in one perfectly portioned little muffin.
This recipe uses frozen mini pancakes that I found in my grocer freezer section, but you could totally make your own if you would like. For the sausage, I used the ground pork sausage that you have to cook before using in the recipe and you want to be sure to break up the sausage into small crumbles before adding it to the pancake egg cups.
Pancake Egg Cups
- 12 frozen mini pancakes, toasted
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 ounce breakfast sausage, cooked
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- pancake or maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. and spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the toasted mini pancakes in the bottom of each well of the muffin pan. Top each pancake with half of the shredded cheddar cheese. Top the cheese with the cooked sausage and the remaining cheddar cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the egg mixture evenly into each of the muffin wells over the sausage and cheese mixture.
- Place into the oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until the egg cups are set and lightly browned.
- Remove and allow the egg cups to cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack, then remove the egg cups from the muffin pan and drizzle with pancake or maple syrup before serving.
Got any comments, questions, or ideas for Pancake Egg Cups? Share them in the comments below!