I have a confession to make…..I am not a morning person.
I also don’t think that I have ever actually been morning person either. For me night is when I work best, but working outside of the home and having to be at work by 7:30 A.M., well you can already see my dilemma and that is late nights will certainly make early mornings difficult. So for me it really takes some effort to get myself together and that also means having a morning routine is a must. In the mornings I do the usual…take a shower, get dressed, brush my teeth, let the dog out, etc. but there are a few other things that I have added to my morning routine to make things run smoothly and they are:
- Wake up an hour early – I have found that this helps me get more done prior to leaving the house and it also allows additional time for me not to feel rushed or to also be a buffer in case something happens.
- Spend 15 to 20 minutes having some ‘me time’ – Just taking a few minutes to do something that you enjoy such as reading, sitting down having tea, breathing exercises, spending time writing in a journal, or anything that you enjoy will not only be relaxing, but also sets the tone for the day because you have started it by taking some time for yourself.
- Plan or prepare your lunch and snacks prior to leaving the house – Just taking a few minutes to make these decisions removes the guess work and ensures that you will keep any nutritional goals that you have for yourself.
- Have breakfast before leaving the home – Just this act alone has made my mornings at work more productive because I have the fuel that I need to power my morning. If I fail to do this and instead have breakfast when I get to work…something always happens to derail me and I will skip breakfast, leaving me open to being less productive (because I’m hungry), setting myself up to over-eat later in the day (feeling more tired), and slowing down my metabolism because I have put my body into starvation mode.
Now keep in mind that breakfast does not have to be complicated, just having a bowl of cereal with some fruit and a side of orange juice will be very satisfying enough to keep the hangry monster at bay and Nature Valley Cereal actually has 3 new cereal choices to help you with that and they are Baked Oat Bites, Chocolate Oat Clusters, and Honey Oat Clusters. I will be transparent and share with you that my son, Michael (since the cereal is not vegan I didn’t try them) decided to give Baked Oat Bites and the Chocolate Oat Clusters a try.
This cereal smelled so delicious, like baked oatmeal, and Michael said that it tasted exactly like the Nature Valley granola bars to him. Next he tried the Chocolate Oat Clusters.
You could really smell the chocolate in the chocolate oat clusters and this would be the perfect late night snack. I like to eat a small bowl of sweet cereal late night as a snack. He said this cereal was delicious and chocolately and he liked that there were two different kinds of flakes in this cereal. Both of these contain 23 grams of whole grains and 11 grams of protein and they are also delicious enough that even your kids will enjoy them.
Would you give the new Nature Valley Cereal a try?? You can print a $1 off coupon for the Nature Valley Cereal and if you shop at Publix you can use that same coupon for 2 boxes of cereal by taking advantage of the BOGO deal from 2/25 until 3/2. Yes my friends that is two boxes of Nature Valley Cereal for the price of one AND you save a $1 off with the coupon…Don’t you just love that!
But that’s not all…Publix and Nature Valley are also allowing me to host a $15 Giveaway for 1 lucky person. This $15 will be issued through Paypal and can be used to give the cereal a try or anything that you want…Its $15 Cash!!!
And I will keep it real simple and all you have to do to be entered is:
- Go visit Nature Valley Cereal to check out their three new cereal products.
- Print the $1.00 off coupon here ==> $1 off Coupon
- Leave a comment below as your official giveaway entry telling me which new flavor you would purchase and can’t wait to try!
That is it! 3 steps to be entered to the $15 giveaway. There will be one lucky winner chosen on March 2nd, 2016, so be sure to enter before then and Good Luck!