Mini Meal Prep for Breakfast and Dinner that can help save you time during the week. Easy Breakfast Sandwiches and individual pizzas for dinner.
I really do enjoy Sundays!
It is a day when I usually do three things….spend time with God, relax, and prepare for the week.
In terms of meals I am not really a ‘meal prep’ person, but I do try to have things convenient for me and my family to grab and go because the week moves so fast that if I do not have something prepared, then it will make my week even crazier (if that is even possible).
Usually, I will prepare my meat/protein in advance because it is much easier for me to find things that will go with it in order to have a complete meal in minutes. However this week I will be out of town on business travel and I want to make sure that my son has meals prepared to grab on the ready. So I decided to begin with breakfast since it is the most important meal of the day after all.
Now I have to share with you that my son will wait until the very last minute and will have to make a mad dash out of the front door in order to make it to school on time, so any breakfast that takes more than a couple of minutes is completely out of the question.
This is where a frozen breakfast sandwich makes perfect sense!
Mini Meal Prep Ingredients:
- 6 large eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 English muffins split in half
- 12 slices of thin deli-sliced ham
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil six 10-ounce ramekins or large muffins pans or coat with nonstick spray and place onto a baking sheet.
- Add one egg to each ramekin, beating slightly; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place into the oven and bake until egg whites are cooked through about 12-15 minutes.
- Place one egg over a slice of cheese on the muffin bottom, then top with 2 slices ham, and then cover with another muffin top to create a sandwich. Repeat with remaining English muffins to make 6 sandwiches. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and place in the freezer.
- To reheat, remove the plastic wrap from the frozen sandwich and wrap in a paper towel. Place in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until heated through completely.
- Serve immediately.
I paired these with some sliced oranges which I placed into 5 sandwich bags, so he could pair them with his sandwich…and breakfast is served.
For dinner I prepared…what else?? Pizza!!
And I have to tell you that these freeze really well…First, you will roll out the pizza dough and pre-bake until golden brown, then remove from the oven and add your toppings, wrap in plastic wrap, and place in the freezer until ready to use. These individual pizzas will cook quickly and could even be prepared in a toaster oven.
So do you have any mini meal prep routines or ideas?? If so please share them in the comment section below.