This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Low Carb Cheesecake is so creamy and guilt-free, that it is hard to believe it is low carb and keto-friendly. Easy to make in a few minutes.
I think it has actually been a minute since I have overshared with you so let’s see what we can do to change that in 3, 2, 1, Go…Well, last week my mother had a routine surgery. Although the doctor said that it was routine and he had done many of these types of procedures. I always get a bit nervous when an anesthesiologist is involved. I realize that it is necessary, but there is just something that is not natural about having someone else controlling your sleep and even they can only control so much because we know that ultimately the body will do exactly what it wants to do.
The procedure was successful and her recovery has been quick and painless. However, after the procedure, the doctor informed her that she has type 2 diabetes. This was shocking to me since I have observed my mother drink her weight in water and for the most part eat very healthy. But she has been experiencing several of the symptoms and her mother was a diabetic, so I guess it was just one of those things that happen when you least expect it. Now that both of my parents are diabetics, my dad is as well, I will say that I am very concerned and it has caused me to take a good hard look at my own diet to see where I can make some changes.
Changes such as eating more fruits and vegetable is a given and something that I have already implemented. I also try to eat more whole foods and whole grains, but since diabetes is a result of glucose/insulin that means I need to focus a little more on reducing my sugar intake and refined carbs. That also does not mean that I have to give up the foods that I love, it just means that I need to make some modifications to them.
Low Carb Cheesecake
- Muffin Pan
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup almond meal
- ¼ cup flax meal
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons stevia
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and line a muffin pan with liners, set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter, almond meal, and flax meal until the mixture becomes sticky and place a tablespoon of mixture into each muffin liner in the pan. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the muffin pan. Place into the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, mix together the cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, stevia, and nutmeg until everything is combined and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the crust from the oven and spoon 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture on top of the crust, place into the oven, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the cheesecake has set and begins to brown on the top.
- Allow the low carb cheesecake to cool completely and top with your favorite sugar-free preserves or serve plain. Store in the refrigerator.
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Got any comments, questions, or ideas for a Low Carb Cheesecake recipe? Share them in the comments below!