This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Hot Ham and Swiss Rolls – Easy and delicious recipe that is perfect for when you need a meal in minutes. Also topped with a sauce that is quick to make.
Its Monday evening and I survived the workday…Yay!!
And then I made it home to a starving teenager that had just arrived home from track practice to ask me ‘Mom, What’s for Dinner?” and you know what my reply was? “Dinner? Didn’t I just feed you yesterday?”
Now is it me…or does it sometimes feel as though feeding kids become a constant blur of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. I mean seriously at some point I feel as though they all run together in the haze of a never-ending feeding frenzy. And of course, all of this is coming from a person that blogs about nothing but food weekly and don’t get me wrong…I love what I do here, but sometimes when I’ve had an insanely busy FULL day at work, all I want to do it lay on the couch and slip into the abyss of mindless television watching. So on evenings like those when I am tempted to just reach for the phone and order a pizza…I will instead choose to pull out a quick and easy meal that can be done in under 30 minutes and of course, today is such a day and Hot Ham and Swiss Rolls is what is on the menu.
I will tell you that I reserve these for the days when I need something fast and delicious and when I break these bad boys out I never hear any complaints and honestly I cook them so rarely that my family is actually excited to see them…so excited in fact that if you look closely at the pictures you will notice that it is one sandwich short and that is because it barely made it out of the hot oven before being devoured.
So if you ever find yourself short on time and not in the mood for a pizza…be sure to give these Hot Ham and Swiss Rolls a try.
Hot Ham and Swiss Rolls
- 12 rolls King’s Hawaiian Original Rolls
- 1 pound deli ham shaved
- 1 pound Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 small onion, grated
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter and mix in the Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion and poppy seeds until warm. Cut the entire pack of rolls in half, horizontally (keeping all top and bottom halves intact) and place the bottom half of rolls in a greased 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Place Swiss cheese on top of rolls and then place the ham on top of the cheese. Spread half of the onion mixture over top of ham and cover with the top half of rolls. Spread the other half of the onion mixture on top of the sandwiched, cover loosely with foil, and bake at 350 degrees F. for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow the sandwiches to cool for 1 to 2 minutes prior to separating, but serve them immediately.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for these Hot Ham and Swiss Rolls? Share them in the comments below!