This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich takes a classic sandwich recipe and pan grills it with butter like grilled cheese to make a warm crispy version.
If you're craving another peanut butter sandwich, then be sure to try making a Peach Jam and Peanut Butter Sandwich. For more delicious peanut butter recipes, then be sure to try making a Creamy Peanut Butter Shake or White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups.
Anyone who knows me knows that I love, love, love peanut butter. And although I have tried almond butter, it is still just not quite the same flavor-wise to me. I can eat peanut butter straight from the jar, on bread, in a smoothie, with an apple, on a banana, on celery, you get the point.
My favorite part about peanut butter is how convenient it is. I can just grab it out of the pantry and make a meal that will leave me satisfied for quite a while.
Two sandwiches that have become constant staples in my household are grilled cheese and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. So today while making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich I decided to try something different and pan grill it. Thus grilled peanut butter and jelly.
Why Grilled PB and J?
I must say that for my first time trying this it was really easy to prepare. It was so easy to make that I did not have to follow any recipe. I just used the same technique I use to make a grilled cheese sandwich.
The warmth and crisp of the bread made the peanut butter melt into soft gooey-ness and the combination of butter and being grilled added another layer of flavor to this already great sandwich.
Ingredients You'll Need
- Bread - Any sandwich begins with bread and this one is no exception. Feel free to use any sliced bread that you prefer.
- Peanut Butter - Use your favorite creamy peanut butter or really any nut butter that you would like to use. You may also try making a batch of Homemade Peanut Butter yourself.
- Jelly - For this recipe, I decided to use some blackberry jelly that I found at the farmer's market, but use any flavor that you want. Try keeping it classic with grape jelly or use apple jelly instead.
- Butter - This ingredient is needed to add to the skillet to make the outside of the bread buttery and crispy. Either salted or unsalted butter is fine.
See the recipe card below for exact ingredient quantities and instructions.
Step By Step Instructions
Begin the recipe with two slices of bread, spread peanut butter on one slice and jelly on the other slice. Put the two slices together.
Using a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter and allow it time to melt before placing the sandwich into the skillet to grill for about 2 to 3 minutes. Use a spatula to flip the sandwich onto the opposite side and grill for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, until lightly browned.
Remove from the heat and serve warm. Enjoy!
Be sure to give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments down below.
Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
- 1 skillet
- 1 spatula
- 2 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon jelly
- ½ tablespoon butter
- Begin the recipe with 2 slices of bread, spread 1 tablespoon peanut butter on one slice and 1 tablespoon of jelly on the other slice. Put the two slices together.
- Using a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ½ tablespoon butter and allow it time to melt before placing the sandwich into the skillet to grill for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Use a spatula to flip the sandwich onto the opposite side and grill for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove from the heat and serve warm. Enjoy!
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Original post date 02/04/2013. Updated 11/04/2022.
More Recipes You'll Love
- Creamy Peanut Butter Shake
- Homemade Peanut Butter
- Peach Jam and Peanut Butter Sandwich
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Got any comments, questions, or other Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Recipe ideas? Share them in the comments below!