This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Enjoy a movie night at home with Gloria Ferrer Wines, a warm spinach salad, cheese tray, buttery popcorn, and classic movie candy.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER, the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Summer is the perfect time to bring friends together with wine and appetizers for a movie night at home. You can connect while watching a good movie and snacking on some delicious goodies. Now of course when you think about movie snacks you cannot forget about the classic buttery popcorn and candy, but that is not the only thing that you can serve your guest to enjoy during the movie.
Try putting together a quick and easy cheese tray by adding a couple of your favorite cheeses, some salami, crackers, olives, and dark chocolate. Honestly, when it comes to assembling a cheese tray, you can really add anything that you want and let guests come up with their own combinations. A good way to balance these snacks is by adding a salad and I will share the recipe below for a quick and easy warm spinach salad that you can whip up right before your guest arrive.
Now that we have the eats taken care of, it is time to move on to the drinks and that is where Gloria Ferrer Cave & Vineyards has got us covered with their sparkling wines. These wines are the perfect match for any occasion and by adding them to a movie night; it really takes it to another level. Just in case you have never heard of Gloria Ferrer, then allow me to share with you that Gloria Ferrer Caves & Vineyards is Carneros’ original sparkling wine house, owned and founded by the Ferrer family of Spain. It was named for Jose Ferrer’s wife, Gloria, and the winery opened in 1986 in the breezy, now famous region in southernmost Sonoma County. It is also one of the few wineries that still uses a more hands-on harvesting method and has earned over 500 gold medals and 50 90+ scores in the last 5 years.
For my movie night, I will be sharing with my guest the Blanc De Blancs wine that will pair well with the rich Brie cheese and is a light and refreshing wine with flavors of Granny Smith apples and vanilla crème. For my guest that may want a more red fruit wine, I will also be sharing the Brut Rose that will pair perfectly with the goat cheese on the spinach salad as well as the olives and dark chocolate. These wines are not only the perfect match to go with a good movie, but will also be great conversation starters.
To learn more about Gloria Ferrer, be sure to check out their website at www.GloriaFerrer.com.
Warm Spinach Salad
- 1 large bunch fresh spinach
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Place the spinach in a large bowl and chop the red onion into small pieces.
- Using a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk in the olive oil, agave nectar, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper until combined.
- Add the chopped red onion and stir to incorporate. Allow the dressing to cook 2 to 3 minutes until completely warmed.
- Remove the dressing from the heat and pour on top of the fresh spinach, toss the salad, and serve immediately topped with goat cheese if you prefer.
Got any comments, questions, or other Gloria Ferrer Wines ideas? Share them in the comments below!