This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Glazed Doughnut Muffins – If you love the taste of glazed doughnuts and muffins, then you are sure to love this recipe as it combines them both and is easy to make.
Okay, so I have a couple of things to tell you.
First of all, is it seriously May already? Is it just me or is time going by way too fast? I feel as though I just took down my Christmas tree in celebration of the New Year and now we are in the fifth month already. Crazy Right? What is even crazier is that the days seem to drag on at snail pace slow and yet the months and years fly by. I am not really sure how that works out, but somehow it does.
But anyway some good things about the month of May is the lovely change in weather, Cinco de Mayo gave us an excuse this year to partake in Taco Tuesday and have 2 for one margarita during the week. The kids begin to get excited about the summer and you may even be in the midst of planning a vacation and of course, it is really nice to see all of the teenagers, or should I say, young adults, attending their prom.
May is certainly a wonderful month for so many different reasons.
Secondly…remember I had two things to share with you…I have been totally craving a muffin lately and that has absolutely nothing to do with the current month. I have wanted a muffin and so I had no choice but to get in my kitchen and make some and in order to resist the urge to eat way more than I should have, I only made half of a dozen with this recipe.
These muffins combine my favorite spice of nutmeg which really gives the flavor of a spicy doughnut and the glaze really make it sweet and add to the doughy texture.
Glazed Doughnut Muffins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon + ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon + ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon + ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- Preheat oven 425 degrees F. and line 6 muffin tins with paper liners. To prevent the liners from sticking to the muffins, lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine butter, oil, and both sugars until the mixture is smooth. Add in the egg, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla and continue mixing.
- Stir in half of the flour followed by all of the milk and then the other half of the flour and continue to mix until thoroughly combined, but careful not to over mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin wells until they are almost full and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool and prepare the glaze by whisking all of the ingredients together until smooth. Dip the muffin tops into the glaze and allow the glaze to harden/set. If you would like a sweeter muffin…then you may double-dip your muffins twice.
- Make the Glaze by combining 1 ½ tablespoons butter, ½ cup powdered sugar, ½ teaspoon vanilla, and 1 tablespoon hot water.
- The muffins can be kept in an airtight container for a day or two for the freshest enjoyment.
Now it’s your turn…
Do you prefer doughnuts or muffins? Got any ideas for these Glazed Doughnut Muffins? Share your answer with me in the comment section below.