This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Easy Dinner Biscuits – This one bowl recipe requires few ingredients and pair perfectly with any weeknight dinner. The addition of Italian seasoning and parsley add in loads of flavor.
Do you watch the ABC show Scandal?
Well if you do not then let me tell you that it is a great show that comes on Thursday nights. But just in case you are not familiar with the show it stars an attorney/fixer/gladiator in a suit, Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington), that has dedicated her life to protecting the secrets of the people that truly ‘run the world’ in our nation’s capital and fixing whatever problems they have and in true Shonda Rhimes (show creator) fashion of course there is way more than that going on…such as the fact that she has a serious he loves me-he loves me not relationship with the president.
The one thing that I love about Olivia Pope, besides the fact that she loves popcorn and wine together, is the fact that she can quickly come up with solutions to ANY situation no matter how much you cannot see any way out of it and for that she totally rocks.
It is truly a gift to see a hopeless situation and come up with a solution to each and every tiny little detail in a matter of seconds, well that and the magic of television.
Now I would not say that I am like Olivia Pope…except she wears way too much white and I would never be able to pull that off…I’m way too messy for that, but I will say that I can be pretty creative when I need to be and come up with food options pretty quickly and if you have been following me for awhile then you already know I don’t have time to spend hours in the kitchen unless its Thanksgiving.
So when dinner calls for a side of bread these quick and easy biscuits always do the trick and depending on what you are serving it with you can add in ANY (not sure why I keep capitalizing that particular word but just work with me on this Wednesday mmmkay) spice, fresh, or dried herbs and customize it to your liking and if you do not have any self-rising flour on hand, then I will link a way that you can make it using all-purpose flour and if you don’t have any all-purpose flour then I guess you will have to make a trip to the store because you have to make these biscuits. They are so easy and delicious straight out of the oven and you can thank me later.
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Preheat the oven 425 degrees F. and spray a baking sheet, pan, or cast-iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the sugar, flour, mayonnaise, seasoning, parsley, and milk until completely combined and comes together to form the biscuit dough.
- If the dough appears to be a little too moist then just add a pinch or two more of flour. Drop 4 to 6 even sized amounts of the biscuit dough onto the prepared pan and place into the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- And of course, if you want to make these dinner biscuits vegan be sure to use soy milk and vegan mayo.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for these Dinner Biscuits? Share them in the comments below!