This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Easy Vegan Quesadillas - A meal in 30 minutes or less is what you get with these veggie loaded quesadillas that include vegan cheddar shreds.
It's sunny and cool at the same time right now and that kind of weather makes me very happy. I just love it when the sun is shining brightly outside and there is still a little coolness in the air. The kind of cool in which you can wear a long sleeve shirt, but still also get away with a pair of shorts. This kind of weather provides so many wardrobe choices that make just about anything acceptable. This weather calls for you to spend more time outside doing something. It also lets me know that we are fully into the fall season.
We haven't had any rain in my area in quite some time and everything outside is dry and withering due to the thirst that only nature can satisfy. The dryness also adds to the dust and if you suffer from seasonal allergies like myself then you may find yourself taking a daily dose of whatever allergy meds that you have available.
The days are becoming shorter which is a clear reminder that daylight savings time is coming to an end. This time of year calls for early nights indoors enjoying Netflix or so other really good television show and plenty comforting foods. I'm talking about easy comforting foods that take minimal time and ingredients but is still perfect for those weeknights indoors enjoying some really good television.
My go-to recipe as of late has been quick and easy vegan quesadillas. This recipe is so easy to make that you can get in and out of the kitchen in a flash. If you are not a vegan, then feel free to add in 4 ounces of cooked chicken instead of the black beans to make it your own. If you decide to give this recipe a try, then please let me know in the comments below as I love seeing what you come up with.
Easy Vegan Quesadillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup whole kernel corn
- ⅓ cup bell pepper, sliced into strips
- ⅓ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 flour tortillas
- cooking spray
- ½ cup vegan cheddar shreds
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add in the olive oil, and allow it to heat until it begins to swirl in the pan.
- Toss in the black beans, corn, pepper, and onion and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat.
- Place two tortillas on a clean work surface and lightly spray both tortillas with cooking spray, flip both tortillas over and top each tortilla with ½ of the vegan cheddar shreds (¼ cup on each tortilla) and then half of the veggie filling on each tortilla on top of the cheese.
- Spread the mixture in an even layer and top with the remaining two tortillas and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Heat the large skillet over medium heat, add the quesadillas (you may have to cook them one at a time), and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until the vegan cheese begins to melt and the tortillas are lightly browned, turning once.
- Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve immediately while still warm.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for these Easy Vegan Quesadillas? Share them in the comments below!