This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Vegan Brownies - Rich, fudgy, chewy brownies that take little time to prepare and are totally vegan. A delicious treat the whole family will enjoy.
Nothing much due to time being so limited these days. I have about 3 weeks of shows sitting in my DVR list that I have yet to catch up on, but I have managed to keep up with Scandal and I am so glad that I am enjoying this show again because it almost lost me.
Tons of cookbooks and cooking magazines.
Food Blogger inspiration is an on-going process.
Plus I have a serious cookbook addiction.
Channel Orange by Frank Ocean...no matter how much NEW music is released I always seem to find myself listening to this over and over again...seriously Where is Frank?!?! We need another album...Even Adele is waiting.
Anything that is quick and also prepping lots of vegan meals these days.
Overwhelmed...working in early education and with the school year coming to an end things have been crazy busy and I feel as though I am in the weeds in terms of life in general. My blog post is late these days, there are piles of papers on my desk at work, I have less time to accept phone calls to connect with friends and family, and any extra time I have is dedicated to sleep. I am so ready for this time to pass.
A digital cookbook that has been in the works for quite some time..launching this year so stay tuned.
Easy Vegan Brownies
- 2 tablespoons ground flax meal
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup vegan butter
- ⅔ cup vegan chocolate chips, divided
- ¾ cup organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees and line an 8 by 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the ground flaxseed and water together to make the flax ‘egg’ and place in the fridge for about 10 minutes or until the mixture has thickened to the consistency of a regular egg.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and cocoa powder and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, place the butter in the microwave for a few seconds until melted and stir in ⅓ cup of the chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Stir in the flax egg, cane sugar, and vanilla extract until fully combined and then add to the flour mixture and stir until combined, careful not to over mix.
- Fold in the rest of the chocolate chips and walnuts until distributed evenly, pour into the prepared pan, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes; or until the top has set.
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for these Vegan Brownies? Share them in the comments below!