Easy Vegan Brownie Bites - This easy brownie recipe is vegan, chocolate, chewy, and super delicious. The recipe only requires 20 minutes to bake.
Halloween is right around the corner. I mean literally it is a week away and you know what that means…Sugar, Candy, and Sweets, Oh MY!!! Seriously regardless if you celebrate Halloween or not you have to admit that it is pretty hard to resist the abundance of candy that is all around this time of year. Not only is the aroma of candy everywhere in the stores, but I also cannot help but notice that people have random bowls of candy laying around in places such as on office desk just to tempt you to give in to the sugar cravings.
Now don’t get me wrong candy any time of the year is great, but something that is even better is brownies. I’m talking sweet, chewy, chocolatey brownies. The kind of brownies that have that semi-crispy top layer but then you bite into it to reveal that soft and gooey center.
I’m telling you there is something about brownies that is amazingly delicious and I would much rather enjoy a homemade brownie than candy any day.
Easy Vegan Brownie Bites
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup vegan butter
- ⅔ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a standard size or mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Make the flax egg in a small bowl by adding in the flax meal, water, and stir until combined and place into the refrigerator to allow it to thicken.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and cocoa powder until it is well combined.
- In a medium saucepan on low heat melt the butter and then add in half of the chocolate chips (⅓ cup) and stir continuously until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Turn off the heat and then stir in the sugar and vanilla extract, stir just until the sugar has dissolved. Next carefully pour the chocolate mixture into the bowl that contains the flour mixture, add in the flax egg, and stir just until combined being careful not to over mix.
- Lastly fold in the rest of the chocolate chips and the walnuts until they have been evenly distributed throughout the batter and pour into the prepared muffin pan and bake 15 to 20 minutes. Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before cutting.
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
*Recipe adapted from Hot for Food
Those brownies look yummy!
Thank you...they were pretty darn yummy if I must say so myself 😉
My son just tried brownies for the first time last week and loved them. So I will be making more brownies in the future, which has my husband excited. I'm going to pin these, my kids don't really eat nuts , but my husband would LOVE them. 🙂
Awesome...I love making brownies because they are so easy! You can always leave the nuts out and they would still be delicious 🙂