This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Easy Skillet Chicken Parmesan is a quick dinner that has tender breaded chicken fried and topped with a sauce and creamy Parmesan cheese. The perfect dinner.
For more simple and delicious chicken recipes, be sure to also try making Chicken Mozzarella Bake and Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Pasta. Also if you want to try making homemade pasta sauce as well, try making my recipe for Easy Homemade Pasta Sauce.
Have no idea what to cook tonight for dinner? Well, if you like chicken parmesan, then why not give this quick and easy stovetop skillet recipe a try.
This recipe takes about 25 to 30 minutes to complete from start to finish and is sure to please even a hungry man. Try pairing it with a side of oven roasted broccoli or an everyday salad for a complete meal that the whole family will enjoy.
Let's get started!
Ingredients You'll Need
- Original Bisquick Mix - Baking mix makes the process much easier and is needed to coat/dredge the chicken in and helps to give it that nice crispy texture.
- Italian Seasoning - Adds spice and seasoning to the chicken.
- Parmesan Cheese - Helps to thicken the mixture to dip the chicken in to coat it and gives it a nice slightly salty flavor.
- Eggs - Two large egg is needed to help the batter stick to the chicken and not fall apart.
- Chicken Breasts - Needed to make any chicken parmesan recipe. I prefer to use flat boneless skinless for this recipe.
- Olive Oil - Use any cooking oil that you prefer. I prefer to use olive oil for this particular recipe.
- Pasta Sauce - Needed to finish off the chicken parmesan and serve it with pasta. Use your favorite sauce or make your own.
- Italian Cheese Blend - You want to use shredded cheese for this. Grab classic or low-fat and it will provide the perfect cheesy topping to the chicken that you're looking for.
See the recipe card below for exact ingredient quantities.
Step By Step Instructions
Begin this recipe by grabbing a shallow dish or pie plate. Mix together the Bisquick mix, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese until combined. In another separate shallow dish or pie plate, beat eggs.
Coat the chicken breast with the Bisquick mixture, then dip each piece into the egg, and place it back into the Bisquick mixture again to coat it and make it extra crispy. In 12-inch non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the prepared chicken to the heated oil for about 4 to 6 minutes, turning once. Continue cooking until slightly golden brown.
Cover and cook an additional 8 to 10 minutes longer, turning once, until the juice of the chicken is clear when the center of the thickest part is cut. Remove from skillet.
Pour the pasta sauce into the same skillet. Return the chicken to the skillet and place it on top of the sauce.
Sprinkle with the Italian cheese blend. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and melted.
Serve the Easy Skillet Chicken Parmesan over some cooked pasta. Enjoy!
Easy Skillet Chicken Parmesan
- ¾ cup Original Bisquick Mix
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 1 cup Italian cheese blend, shredded
- In a shallow dish or pie plate, mix Bisquick mix, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. In another shallow dish or pie plate, beat eggs.
- Coat chicken with Bisquick mixture, then dip it into egg, and coat again with Bisquick mixture.
- In 12-inch non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken in oil for 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, until golden brown.
- Cover and cook an additional 8 to 10 minutes longer, turning once, until the juice of the chicken is clear when the center of the thickest part is cut. Remove from skillet.
- Pour the pasta sauce into the same skillet. Return the chicken to the skillet and place it on top of the sauce.
- Sprinkle with the Italian cheese blend. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Serve the Easy Skillet Chicken Parmesan over some cooked pasta.
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Original post date 05/08/2013. Updated 11/06/2022.
More Recipes You'll Love
- Chicken Mozzarella Bake
- Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- Instant Pot Chicken and Potatoes with Green Beans
- Hibachi Chicken
Have any comments, questions, or other delicious ways to use this Skillet Chicken Parmesan Recipe? Please share them in the comments below!