This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Easy Berry Crisp – This easy recipe is a great way to use those seasonal berries. It is the right amount of sweetness with a crispy layer…delicious!
Well, Well, Well…here we are in spring and at the end of the month of March and I find myself in disbelief at either one of those statements. Like seriously is it spring already and where in the world did March go?
I know that the month of March went by for me in a blur due to the fact that I went on vacation to the Caribbean last week and the week before that I spent time making sure everything was in order before I departed, so basically I have an excuse as to the reason why I am finding myself at a loss for the month of March; even though I am still scratching my head in total confusion. Time is just going by way too fast these days for me. And speaking of vacation
I had a WONDERFUL time and will be sharing pictures and recipes using the ingredients that I was able to pick up during my travels with you all of next month. I will be posting a different location, inspired recipe, and local ingredient each and every Monday during the month of April for a total series of 4 posts, so it will almost be like I’m taking you on a virtual island getaway every Monday and trust me you will enjoy this mini break with the Dominican Republic, St. Thomas, San Juan, and the Turks. Plus I was able to take so many beautiful pictures that I cannot wait to share them with you and just in case you were wondering the answer is yes, one of those recipes will involve Rum 😉
But enough about that already…today I will share with you a quick and Easy Berry Crisp recipe that is the perfect excuse for you to take full advantage of those seasonal fruit berries that are in abundance at the grocery stores these days. Trust me you will want to give this recipe a try and feel free to use any combination of berries that you prefer. For this recipe, I used blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries and to make up the 6 cups that the recipes require I used one regular size container of each berry and I sliced up the strawberries, but if you want to leave them in larger chunks then simply hull them out and slice them lengthwise.
Easy Berry Crisp
- 6 cups fresh berries (any combination)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- juice of half a lemon
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (substitute Earth Balance for a Vegan version)
- Preheat the oven 400 degrees F. and spray a 10 inch cast iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray or use butter.
- Using a large bowl, combine the berries, 1/2 cup of sugar, cornstarch, salt, lemon juice, and gently stir until all of the berries are fully coated and pour into the prepared skillet and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the crisp topping by whisking together the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Next work the butter into the mixture using your hands until it resembles a coarse meal and all of the butter is distributed throughout the mixture.
- Pour the mixture over top of the berries in the skillet making sure the topping is covering all of the berries on top.
- Place into the oven and bake about 30 minutes until the crisp is golden brown. Allow cooling in the skillet for 10 minutes prior to serving.
For more Berry Good Recipes…Check out these!
Creamy Berry Dessert – Delicious Berry Parfait that includes a creamy whipped topping and pre-made pound cake.
Blueberry Muffins – You can never wrong with a Blueberry Muffin that includes Fresh Blueberries! These muffins are not just for breakfast, but the perfect snack for any time of day.
Doggie Mini Berry-Almond Cake – And of course we could not leave out our special fur baby. The perfect treat for those time when you want to make something special for your dog!
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for this Easy Berry Crisp? Share them in the comments below!