This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This recipe for Chocolate Mint Brownies uses few ingredients and makes a delicious fudge brownie with fresh mint flavor. Also dairy and egg free!
I have a confession to make.
I absolutely love brownies. That really isn’t even much of a confession, is it? Because you probably already knew that. There is just something wonderfully delicious about a chocolate chewy brownie square. Through the years on the blog, I have shared my love for brownies with a batch of Fudgy Brownies. As well as a batch of Brownies Bites just to name a few.
When it comes to making any brownie recipe there are a few key things to keep in mind. So let’s take a few moments to explore them together. Are you ready?
How do you begin making brownies?
That is a good question because it begins with a few simple ingredients that include dry and wet items. For the dry ingredients, most recipes will include flour, sugar, and cocoa powder. For the wet ingredients, you will probably need eggs, oil, milk. All of these ingredients can change as brownie recipes are extremely versatile and totally depend on preference.
What is the process?
Brownies can be made using a stand mixer, hand held mixer, or even a bowl with a spoon for a good little arm workout. I prefer to start any brownie recipe by combining all of my dry ingredients into one bowl and all of my wet ingredients in a separate bowl before combining them together. I find this process to keep me organized and allows the process to come together quickly.
One thing to keep in mind when making brownies is to be careful not to overmix the batter. You want to make sure all of the ingredients come together, but after that point stop mixing. If not then you may have very chewy, tough brownies. And no one wants that right? We want soft chewy decadent brownies and that comes from mixing until combined and stop.
After you have mixed the brownies you will simply add to a baking pan and bake. It is just that simple. If you need a new brownie recipe to give a try, then try these Chocolate Mint Brownies They are loaded with chocolate flavor with cocoa powder and chocolate chips. They also have the addition of mint that yields a fresh flavor that totally transforms the taste.
Another bonus to these chocolate mint brownies is they are egg-free and dairy-free. However don’t let that stop you from giving them a try because trust me, you won’t even miss those ingredients.
Chocolate Mint Brownies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup neutral oil (avocado, canola, etc.)
- 1 cup water
- 1.5 teaspoons peppermint extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees F. and line a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl whisk together the oil, water, peppermint, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Stir the oil mixture into the flour mixture until fully combined, careful not to over mix.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips and pour the brownie mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow the brownie to cool completely in the pan prior to cutting into squares.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for these Chocolate Mint Brownies? Share them in the comments below!