This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chocolate S’mores Cups - This snack is terrific to make, indulgent, and delicious with a glass of milk. Everything you love about s'mores in one sweet bite.
There are two things that I enjoy and that is peanut butter cups and s’mores. Both of these are my idea of heaven on Earth. One combines creamy peanut butter and delicious chocolate while the other has crispy graham crackers, toasted marshmallow, and melted chocolate. They are both insanely delicious and I have shared both recipes with you here on the blog. Just in case you missed either of those recipes then I will link them here for you to check out: Oven Baked S’mores and Homemade Peanut Butter Cups.
However, I wonder what would happen if I remove the peanut butter from the peanut butter cups and replaced it with crushed graham crackers and the sweet marshmallow of s’mores. That kind of thinking is exactly what has lead me to this recipe for Chocolate S’mores Cups.
The creamy rich chocolate surrounding the crumbles of graham cracker topped with sweet marshmallow cream and no campfire was required to make these. This recipe is so quick and easy to make that you could make them in minutes, with the only required wait time being the time it takes for the chocolate to melt and for the cups to set in the refrigerator.
Start this recipe with a layer of melted chocolate in the muffin pan, refrigerate, and then pile on a layer of crushed graham cracker, followed by a layer of marshmallow cream, and more chocolate on the top. Place in the refrigerator one final time to set and allow everything to come together in one bite, peel off the paper liner, and enjoy. This recipe requires no baking or any need for you to turn on the oven. I used a standard size muffin pan for this recipe, but if you would rather use the mini muffin pan then go for it.
Chocolate S’mores Cups
- Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a double boiler, add in the chocolate chips and coconut oil until they are both melted and smooth, careful not to burn. With a small spoon, evenly distribute the melted chocolate into each muffin cup.
- Drop and rotate the muffin pan repeatedly to help even out the melted chocolate. Place the pan in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to set.
- Meanwhile, place the graham crackers into a zipper plastic bag, close the bag, and with a rolling pin go over the bag until the graham crackers are crushed and crumbled. Remove the muffin pan from the refrigerator and place small spoonfuls of the crushed graham crackers on top of each chocolate layer. Rotate the muffin pan to even out the graham cracker mixture.
- Place small spoonfuls of the marshmallow cream on top of the graham crackers and use the spoon to spread evenly. Melt the remaining chocolate chips and portion small spoonfuls of the chocolate into each cup making sure to spread evenly and cover the entire surface of the cups.
- Place the pan into the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes to allow the chocolate s’mores cups to set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Got any comments, questions, or other Chocolate S’mores Cups ideas? Share them in the comments below!