This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chocolate Ganache Cake – This vegan chocolate cake is so easy to make and is topped with a gooey chocolate ganache that is sure to be a favorite.
Well, folks…It is that time of the year already!
Today, January 13th is my birthday and it also just so happens to be Friday the 13th.
Believe it or not, I was actually born on Friday the 13th, and my mother loves to tell the crazy story about how her car was snowed in when it was time for her to go to the hospital for my delivery, so the ambulance was called. However, the driveway was frozen and the ambulance slid smack dab into the back of my mom’s car and the police had to be called on the scene to file a report for the insurance claim while another ambulance made its way to pick up my mom.
The second ambulance decided that it was probably a much better idea to park at the bottom of the hill and transport my mom safely to the parked ambulance instead. Long story short…she made it safely to the hospital…and I was born. Talk about a dramatic entry into the world though.
Each year I spend a little time reflecting on the lessons that I learned that year and in case you missed my lessons from last year then you can read it here.
This year I will share with you the most valuable lesson that I have learned and that is that some people are just not meant to be in your life forever and you have to let them go when it is time for them to leave. Some people are with us for the long haul and those people are whom I consider family, blood or not, while others come to teach us a lesson or something about ourselves and once we get it they will make their exit. It may be painful and hard, but it has to be done in order for you to be able to progress in your life. This is something that I have really had to battle with this year.
But enough heavy stuff because for my birthday it is all about cake, cake, cake!
And what kind of cake are we having? Well, I am glad you asked because it is a Vegan Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache. I am talking chocolate on chocolate and I kept it super simple with no frills 🙂
Chocolate Ganache Cake
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup non-dairy milk
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and line a square baking dish with parchment paper or lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1 cup of non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside to allow curdling.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil, vanilla, and set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients, the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and stir in the milk and vinegar mixture and then the sugar mixture. Stir the batter until everything is well combined and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the cake for 30 to 35 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Place on a cooling rack and allow the cake to cool completely before removing it from the pan.
- To make the ganache, in a small bowl add in the ⅔ cup of non-dairy milk and semisweet chocolate chips.
- Place the bowl in the microwave for a few minutes until the chocolate begins to melt, remove from the microwave, and whisk until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the cake from the pan and pour the ganache over the top. Allow the ganache to set.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for this Chocolate Ganache Cake? Share them in the comments below!