This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chocolate Chia Pudding – Made using energy boosting chia seeds and perfect for those times when you are in need of a delicious pick me up.
The work week has finally come to an end and I am so looking forward to the weekend. This weekend I intend on catching up on some blog things, relaxing, and enjoying time with family and friends. This will also be the first weekend in awhile that I will not be too busy. I love weekends like that. But before I can get to the weekend tonight I have to attend my son’s football game.
Something that I have realized is that when your children become involved in activities…we as parents are signed up for those activities as well. We have to commit to our time, support, and usually money. And when your child is involved in a sport, then you already know what I am talking about. It is also a good thing that I actually enjoy watching football because if I didn’t then that would really stink.
So since I have to spend my time running around with football, then I have to make sure that I take extra good care of my body and also give it a special treat every now and them. This week I have been enjoying chocolate chia pudding…because of chocolate of course. And yes I am talking about making pudding with chia seeds (cha cha cha chia remember?). This recipe is one that I have been using for awhile and it is so easy to make with the only hard part being that you have to allow time for the pudding to set in the refrigerator before it can be enjoyed.
Now I have heard some people say that they do not like the texture of the chia seeds in the pudding, but honestly, once you add in your favorite toppings such as fruit, granola, chocolate, or even toasted coconut then you will not even recognize the texture because it will blend in very well. It also provides a great energy boost perfect for when you need it running around with the kiddos and their activities. Give it a try!
Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup chocolate almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- top with fruit or chocolate pieces
- In a jar or container with a lid, add the chia seeds, milk, maple syrup, cocoa powder, cinnamon, instant coffee, vanilla, salt, and stir until everything is combined.
- Place the lid on the jar and place in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove the jar from the refrigerator and pour into a bowl and top with your favorite fruit, chocolate pieces, or anything that you prefer.
Got any comments, questions, or ideas about this Chocolate Chia Pudding? Share them in the comments below!