This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Easy vegan recipe for a delicious chickpea scramble made using chickpeas and a few other simple ingredients. The perfect topping for a salad.
It is Finally Friday!!
I must say that I am pretty excited that the workweek is finally coming to an end and the weekend is here.
So with that being said what am I Currently...
My television watching habits are this...I watch almost no television during the week, but I DVR any show that I'm interested in and want to keep up with so I can binge watch it later. I also love to fast forward through commercials. Don't you just hate commercials?!? But Anyway...right now my top shows to watch are Empire, The Walking Dead, and Scandal.
Tons of new cookbooks that I purchased on Amazon used...for pennies, I tell ya...pennies!! I actually paid more for shipping than I did for the actual books themselves. I have thus decided to NEVER buy new books ever again and this may not be the best thing for my cookbook obsession.
To EVERYTHING since I took advantage of the free trial for Apple music. I will probably end up with the family plan. I am enjoying all 90's hip hop right now.
Lots of salads and using up ingredients that I have in my kitchen. Right now I have a full bag of whole wheat flour that I need to use so you will probably see some of my creations that I come up with here on the blog.
The effects of Spring/Pollen
That I need more sleep...
That sleep has broken up with me...
Like I miss my pillow.
You get it.
I love that you get me!
I'll stop now.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 ounce can chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ juice of a lemon
- 1 tablespoon dried or fresh parsley, chopped
- Using a medium-size skillet add in the olive oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add in the chopped onion and saute until it begins to become translucent and add in the minced garlic and cook until it becomes fragrant and slightly brown.
- In a bowl, add in the chickpeas and about a Tablespoon of the liquid from the can the chickpeas are in.
- Using a fork, slightly mash the chickpeas leaving some whole and add in the turmeric, salt, and pepper until evenly combined.
- Add the chickpeas into the skillet with the onion and garlic and cook until heated through about five minutes.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice and sprinkle on the parsley, toss, and remove from the heat.
- Add on top of your favorite greens and other veggies or add to a tortilla and create an amazing breakfast burrito with this chickpea scramble.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for this chickpea scramble? Share them in the comments below!