This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chicken Nachos – Enjoy these delicious nachos with yogurt-marinated chicken and a chipotle ranch sauce. Perfect Game Day Food!
The Big Game is right around the corner and you may be busy pulling together your game day gear, eats, and drinks. Since this is a food blog and not a fashion blog I cannot really help you out when it comes to the gear part, but I can certainly help you out with the eats and drinks part. For me, game day food is all about finger foods. Food that can be eaten simply by grabbing it with your hands and eating it so that you will not miss a moment of the big game. No time to be bothered with utensils on this day.
One of my favorite game day foods is nachos because they can be layered with so many flavors and there are endless possibilities when it comes to topping choices. Actually the more toppings the better. Therefore, when my friends over at Stonyfield Organic reached out to me to try their new Double Cream Plain Yogurt you already know that I could not resist. I decided to marinate the chicken in the yogurt, which is thick, creamy, and great for cooking. This yogurt is so smooth and I love the way that it coated the chicken so well that I was able to use it as a sauce to cook the chicken in to make it moist and delicious.
I also received seasoning goodies from Simply Organic and I was able to season the chicken with adobo seasoning, cumin, and smoked paprika. All of these together really helped to flavor the chicken and took it to another level. Simply Organic spices are all organic, kosher, and not tested on animals. I was also able to mix their Chipotle Ranch Dip into the Double Cream Yogurt for a spicy dipping sauce making these chicken nachos the bomb if I must say so myself 😉
- For the Chicken:
- 1 pound chicken breast
- ½ cup Stonyfield Organic plain Double Cream Yogurt
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic adobo seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon Simply Organic cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon Simply Organic smoked paprika
- For the Nachos:
- 12 ounces tortilla chips
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn, frozen or canned
- 1 ½ cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- ½ cup fresh tomato, diced or your favorite salsa
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- For the Chipotle Ranch Dip topping:
- 2 cups Stonyfield Organic plain Double Cream Yogurt
- 1 packet Simply Organic chipotle ranch dip
- In a large bowl or plastic bag, combine the Stonyfield Organic plain Double Cream Yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, Simply Organic adobo seasoning, Simply Organic cumin, and Simply Organic smoked paprika.
- Add the chicken breasts and stir or shake the plastic bag until the chicken is coated in the marinade.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes up to an hour.
- Make the chipotle ranch dip by stirring together the Stonyfield Organic plain Double Cream Yogurt, a packet of Simply Organic chipotle ranch dip, and place in the refrigerator until the nachos have finished baking.
- Using a large skillet, coat the bottom with enough olive oil to prevent the chicken from sticking. Shake off the excess marinade from the chicken, add it to the pan, and allow the chicken to cook for 5 to 10 minutes for each side. Once the chicken has finished cooking, shred it, or cut it into small pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray and sheet pan with cooking spray and place the tortilla chips in a single layer on the sheet pan. Top with the chicken, black beans, corn, and cheese. Make sure everything is spread evenly on top of the tortilla chips.
- Place the nachos in the oven and bake until heat through, about 5 to 7 minutes until the cheese melts. Serve immediately topped with the diced tomato or salsa, jalapeno, and Simply Organic chipotle ranch dip.
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for these Chicken Nachos? Share them in the comments below!