Chia Seeds provide so many wonderful benefits and are a great superfood that pack a powerful healthy punch such as the following:
- Boost energy, strength, and endurance
- Are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, even more so than flax seed
- Do not need to be ground to be absorbed by the body
- They can be stored for long periods of time without going bad
- They help with hydration due to their ability to absorb up to 9-10 times their weight in water
- Supports intestinal regularity
- Improves blood sugar levels
- Chia seeds also contain fiber, protein, calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, and zinc among many other beneficial nutrients
Just in case you are not sure what to do with these little seeds, then I will share with you some recipes.
You could make a tasty chocolate pudding which I will link the recipe here.
You can also make an energizing chia fresca energy drink by a1/2 Tablespoons of chia seeds to 2 cups of water (or coconut water) into a jar or glass and stir very well to combine. I prefer to use a jar because I can place the top on it and shake it to separate the chia seeds from clumping and get in an arm workout at the same time…Winning!
Allow it to sit for 10 minutes to allow the chia seeds to swell up and then add lime or lemon juice and a sweetener to taste.
If you want to add a little something extra then toss the chia fresca into a blender and add some of your favorite berries or other fruit.