This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chia Pudding - A very easy recipe about how to make pudding using a few ingredients and some chia seeds. Healthy and Delicious!
"Cha Cha Cha Chia"...Remember that famous commercial from the 80's?
Well it is those same chia seeds which have some amazing benefits such as being a great source of protein, iron, fiber, and omega-3's. They can be purchased almost anywhere, I picked up mine while shopping at Kroger, and sprinkled on salads or used to thicken smoothies.
This super-food is really creating a buzz in the health world, so I decided to try my hand at making chia pudding. Just in case you haven't heard chia pudding is a simple healthy dessert or breakfast pudding that is made with chia seeds along with a few other ingredients which can be anything you have in your kitchen or your favorite sweeteners and additives.
Chia Pudding Ingredients:
- ¼ cup chia seed
- 1 cup milk (I used chocolate almond milk, but any will do)
- Sweetener of choice (I chose 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar, 1 Tablespoon brown sugar, 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder)
- *Other sweeteners such as stevia, honey, agave nectar, maple syrup, or molasses work as well
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla (may omit)
- pinch of salt (just a few grains)
- *Other options include pinch of cinnamon, coconut flakes, fresh fruit, instant coffee, etc.
- sprinkle top with cocoa nibs
Place all of the recipe ingredients in a mason jar or plastic container with a tight lid and shake well for about 1 to 2 minutes, until combined. Place the container in refrigerator and allow it to set for 2 hours, overnight, or up to 3 days.
Once you remove the chia pudding from the refrigerator, then place into a serving dish and top with your favorite topping. You can use cocoa nibs, sliced fruit, toasted coconut, or anything that you prefer.