This Chai Latte is hot, made from scratch, the perfect amount of spice, and topped with a sweet whipped cream topping. It is delicious and a must try!
I hope that you have an amazing day celebrating the holiday. If you are not celebrating, then I hope that you have a fantastic Tuesday. Either way, it is the perfect day to sit back and practice a little self-care. This time of the year can be hectic and busy, which means that you may find yourself needing to take more time for yourself.
If you need a few ideas to help you steal away a few minutes for yourself, then I am here to help.
- Try meditation. I practice meditation often and if you follow me on Instagram, then you have probably heard me share my love for the app Insight Timer. This app offers lots of free meditations as well as a timer if you want to establish your own independent practice.
- Take a short walk. Get out in nature and get some fresh air by taking a short walk. You will be surprised at how refreshing even a 15-minute walk around your neighborhood can be. Plus it gives you the opportunity to check out your neighbors Christmas decorations.
- Nourish yourself for an hour. Spend the time doing something that you love. Talk a luxurious bubble bath, get a manicure and pedicure, take a nap or anything that you find complete joy in doing.
- Unplug for 30 minutes. Turn your phone on airplane mode and spend the time reading a book or browsing your favorite magazine.
- Enjoy a hot beverage. There is nothing like sitting back and enjoying a good hot cup of something delicious. One of my favorite drinks is a good Chai Latte.
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 tablespoon loose black tea
- 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon black peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups milk (any kind)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- In a small saucepan on low heat, add in the water, black tea, brown sugar, cinnamon, star anise, cardamom, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, and black peppercorns.
- Simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Strain and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Warm the milk by simmering on the stovetop in a small saucepan or heating in the microwave until heated through.
- In a small bowl, combine the heavy cream and powdered sugar with a hand mixer or immersion blender on low until soft peaks form.
- Assemble the chai latte by pouring the dividing the spice mixture into two cups. Add the hot milk evenly to both cups.
- Top with the whipped cream. Garnish with a sprinkle with additional cinnamon and star anise if you prefer.
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
It's not Christmas but when the page loaded and I read that first line, it brought a much needed smile to my face. If only every day could feel like Christmas. Can't wait to try this tomorrow morning.
Thank you Micall! This is an older post, but I'm so glad it brightened your day a bit!