This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Breakfast Taquitos – Looking for a way to switch up breakfast? Try these crispy and egg packed taquitos that are easy to make and perfect for on the go.
It is almost the end of the school year, things are crazy busy, and no one has time for breakfast right??
But with breakfast being the most important meal of the day you really do not want to skip it, so you have to find creative ways to make breakfast on the go in order to get your family fed and out the door in a hurry.
Enter a recipe for quick and easy Breakfast Taquitos.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- ½ cup green pepper, diced
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a medium skillet, add in the olive oil and once heated add the onion and green peppers and cook until the onion is translucent and the green pepper is tender. Crack the egg in a separate bowl and whisk the eggs together until combined.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet over the onion-pepper mixture, add in the spinach, and scramble everything together until you reach your desired texture and remove from the heat.
- Wrap your tortillas in a damp paper towel and warm them in the microwave until they are heated through; about 1 minute.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, place about two tablespoons of the egg mixture into the tortilla, top with cheese, roll the bottom edge of the tortilla up while squeezing the filling continue to roll tightly until you reach the end. Continue rolling the taquitos until you run out of tortillas and egg mixture.
- Place the taquitos seam side down on the prepared baking sheet, lightly spray the tops with cooking oil, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Feel free to make these up in advance and place them in an airtight container in the fridge and bake them in the morning before heading out the door to begin your day.
- Serve immediately with your favorite salsa.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for these Breakfast Taquitos? Share them in the comments below!