This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Breakfast Egg Muffins are made with eggs, bacon, and cheddar to make a filling breakfast the whole family is sure to love.
I have been a huge fan of egg muffins for a while. It is a recipe that comes together fast and easy. They are very high in protein, which is a much better way to begin the day than with sugary cereal. However, you will get no judgement from me if you love having cereal in the morning because the love that I have for Cinnamon Toast Crunch is real!
The best thing that I love about breakfast egg muffins is that they can be made ahead of time. Hello...meal prep! Make a large batch at the beginning of the week and nosh on them all week by warming them up in the microwave for a few minutes, #winning.
So let’s get started on how to make these delicious Breakfast Egg Muffins.
How Do I Make an Egg Muffin?
Begin by using a non-stick muffin pan and spraying generously with cooking spray. This will help with easy release and it also helps the egg muffins to keep their shape. Next, divide the ingredients evenly into each of the muffin cups of the pan and place into the oven to bake.
What Do I Put in an Egg Muffin?
You can truly get really creative here. Any meat and vegetable combination will work for this recipe. Try any of your favorite combinations such as ham and cheese, or mushrooms, spinach, and swiss. Today I decided to keep it simple and use bacon, cheddar, and jalapenos.
How Do I Store the Egg Muffins for Later?
Once the breakfast egg muffins are prepared and baked, they will stay fresh up to 5 days if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When you are ready to enjoy a few, just heat up in the microwave or a hot skillet for 2 to 3 minutes.
Breakfast Egg Muffins
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound cooked bacon chopped
- 2 small jalapenos seeded and diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Evenly disperse half of the bacon, cheddar cheese, and jalapenos into each muffin cup.
- Add the egg mixture filling each cup until it is ½ full.
- Top with the other half of the bacon, cheddar cheese, and jalapenos.
- Bake on the center oven rack for 20 to 25 minutes, until set.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container up to 5 days.
- Reheat in the microwave for 1 minute.