Breakfast Bagel Sandwich is a simple option that includes a homemade bagel, bacon, egg, and cheese. Perfect for on the go!
This past week my blogger friend Kenya Rae shared that she is on a mission to lose some weight and decided to join Weight Watchers Online Plus. If you have been following me then you probably already know where I am going with this.
Yep, I decided to try it myself especially since the first month is free.
I have been on a weight loss journey, but I am not the best at logging everything that I eat into My Fitness Pal. Counting calories, macros, and making sure that I am eating enough fruits and vegetables can be overwhelming. Years ago, I joined Weight Watchers and lost 30 pounds, so I know that it works.
I also like the idea of using a points system because it eliminates the need to figure out calories and macros on my own. With this program, each food is assigned a point value and depending on your goal, you are given a point bank to use each day. There are also weekly points for those times when you need to splurge a little or go out to eat at a restaurant. You will also receive little rewards for each milestone, such as logging every day for a week or eating enough veggies.
The premise of Weight Watchers or any weight loss program is to help you make better food choices. This is where the website Skinny Taste comes in handy. On this site, Gina Homolka offers healthier alternatives to the foods that we love. She has an Easy Bagel Recipe that I have been meaning to make for a while and at just 3 Freestyle Points per bagel, now was the perfect time to use it to make a breakfast sandwich.
For the breakfast bagel sandwich, I used:
- 1 bagel from the Easy Bagel Recipe (3 Points)
- 2 slices Applegate Naturals Sunday Bacon (2 Points)
- 1 large egg, pan-fried with cooking spray (0 Points)
- 1 slice Havarti cheese (3 Points)
Assembly is super simple, but I will share it in the recipe below, just in case. If you are interested in giving Weight Watchers a try for yourself, be sure to use my link for a free month: https://bit.ly/2wi65ie
Breakfast Bagel Sandwich
- 1 batch Skinny Taste Easy Bagel Recipe
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices Havarti cheese
- Prepare the Easy Bagel Recipe according to the recipe at https://www.skinnytaste.com/easy-bagel-recipe/
- Allow to cool before slicing and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place the bacon slices on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes until the bacon is done.
- While the bacon is cooking, on medium heat spray a skillet with cooking spray and fry an egg to the desired doneness.
- On the bottom half of the bagel, add the bacon, top with an egg, cheese, and lastly the top half of the bagel.
- Serve immediately and store any leftover in the refrigerator.
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Leave a Reply