This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Blueberry Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake is a delicious coffee cake and the perfect treat. It is so easy to make, especially if you love blueberries!
Did you know that as long as you put the word coffee in front of cake then it is perfectly acceptable for you to have cake for breakfast…say Hello to Coffee Cake aka ‘I’m having cake for breakfast’ and this is not just any old type of coffee cake, but way better because blueberries and pecans are baked inside this coffee cake. And just in case you thought that I would stop there, then I take it up another notch by adding a streusel topping.
You may be thinking to yourself ‘what in the world is a streusel topping’ and let me tell you that it is the perfect combination of flour, butter, and sugar coming together to form the ultimate crumbly topping of goodness.
This coffee cake is also made in one bowl and can be whipped up in less than an hour. It is the perfect treat to make if you have unexpected company to drop by and pay you a visit because they will think that this recipe is way more labor intensive than it actually is.
Also if you find that you are not a fan of blueberries or just don’t have any in your fridge or freeze, then you can absolutely substitute in strawberries, raspberries, peaches, apples, or any fruit and nut combination that you prefer. You really cannot mess up this recipe at all…it is just that easy.
Blueberry Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into small cubes
- In a large bowl, combine the 2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the egg, milk, and 1/2 cup butter and then stir this mixture into the flour mixture.
- Carefully fold in the blueberries and chopped pecans and spread into a greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- For the streusel topping, combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/3 cup flour in a bowl.
- Cut in the chopped 1/4 cup cold butter until crumbly and sprinkle the mixture over batter.
- Bake 375 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
Got any comments, questions, or ideas for this Blueberry Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake? Please share them in the comments below.