This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
A quick and easy recipe for Baked Chicken Mozzarella made using few ingredients and served with a side of spaghetti. The perfect Valentine’s Day Dinner!
Valentine’s Day is exactly one week from today! And you may already be making plans on what to do and just in case you are thinking about avoiding the overly crowded restaurants that evening and instead of staying home and preparing a special meal, then I have just the recipe to help you out and that is a very quick and easy recipe for Baked Chicken Mozzarella.
Now is it me or is there just something about pasta that says ROMANCE. Perhaps its because pasta makes you think about Italy and all things romantic…including food. At any rate, Baked Chicken Mozzarella is perfect for such an occasion as this and you can even set a nice table, open up a bottle of wine, and serve this dish with a side salad, and some warm toasty garlic bread to make the evening extra special. I mean seriously…Doesn’t that just sound like the perfect evening at home?
Plus you can add a more personal touch by incorporating some candles, a little mood music, and then you will have yourself a complete Love Day evening. As a matter of fact, you don’t even have to wait until next week to do something special for the person that you love because we all know one day a year is not enough to show love to that special someone.
Be sure to check out the full recipe for Baked Chicken Mozzarella listed below and also visit the Viva Bertolli website for more information about the pasta sauce to help make this dinner. Bertolli also offers over 100 authentic Italian tips that you can incorporate into your Valentine’s Dinner.
Baked Chicken Mozzarella
- 1 ½ cups Italian style panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 to 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins
- 1 jar 24 oz. Bertolli Five Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- side of cooked spaghetti
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the panko breadcrumbs, oregano, and paprika in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, whisk together the flour, salt, and the pepper. In a third shallow dish, whisk together the eggs and water.
- Dip each piece of chicken first in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess, then in the egg mixture, and finally dip into the panko mixture, patting to coat thoroughly on both sides. Place the breaded chicken on the prepared pan. Gently spray the chicken with cooking spray to lightly coat.
- Bake the chicken until the panko has browned and the chicken is almost entirely cooked through, about 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken. While the chicken is cooking prepare your spaghetti according to the instructions on the box.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Top each piece of chicken with the Bertolli Five Cheese Sauce and sprinkle the top with mozzarella cheese, and return to the oven. Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, an additional 5 to 10 minutes. Serve immediately with a side of spaghetti.
Have any other ideas for this Baked Chicken Mozzarella recipe? Share them in the comments. Also, try my recipe for Easy Skillet Chicken Parmesan.