This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Baked Zucchini Fries – a crispy, tender, and healthy alternative to fried potato fries. This recipe is so easy to make and pair with any meal.
How is it possible that the month of January is almost over already?!?
That is so crazy because it feels as though the month just began. Literally.
While the month may almost be over, there is no denying that I indulged enough during the month of December, that I needed to put forth more effort to eat healthier during the month of January. Now it should be no secret that I love French fries. I mean just think about it…hot, crispy, salted, delicious fries…yes…there is nothing like it. That was until I decided to take the plunge and give baked zucchini fries a try and I must say that I really enjoyed them and they are a great substitute.
The fresh zucchini is sliced into the shape of fries, the crispy panko is seasoned, and the zucchini is dipped into the egg wash first, which prepares it to be fully coated in the seasoned panko breadcrumbs. Now when coating with the breadcrumbs do not skimp, be very generous because this is what gives the zucchini fries lots of flavors and the crispy texture.
Be sure to try this quick and easy recipe and let me know in the comment section below how it turns out for you.
Baked Zucchini Fries
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Wash the zucchini and cut into fries, leaving the skin on.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the panko, Parmesan, garlic powder, basil, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Dip the zucchini fries in the egg mixture until evenly coated, toss in the panko and Parmesan mixture until evenly coated, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Continue this process until all of the zucchini fries are finished.
- Place into the oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, flipping halfway, until the crust looks crispy and golden brown. Serve immediately.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for these Baked Zucchini Fries? Share them in the comments below!