This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Spicy Asian Lettuce Wraps – This quick and easy recipe is perfect for the times when you want to add a little spice to weekday meals.
Thanks to Veetee for sponsoring today’s post, but all opinions expressed are my own.
By now, you should already know how important it is for me to provide my family with meals that take very little time to prepare. I mean seriously, who has time to spend hours in the kitchen, especially during the week. Not me. With that being said, I will share with you that I have found a few key ingredients and ways to help shorten the time that I spend in the kitchen even more.
Now when it comes to preparing rice I love using my rice cooker. It is one of the appliances that I use quite often and it cost me very little money to purchase. The only problem with this is that I still have to actually pull out the rice cooker, plug it in, add in the rice, water, and wait for it to cook; and we are not even going to get into the clean-up process of this thing because that adds on even more time. All of this is what it takes to have perfectly cooked rice. Therefore, when my good friends over at Veetee reached out to me and asked me to try their rice I was excited.
Veetee rice comes in portioned containers and all you have to do is poke a few holes into the top, place the container into the microwave for 2 minutes, remove, and serve the perfectly cooked rice with your meals. However, I wanted to see how well this rice would stand up to be incorporated into a dish after it was cooked. I was curious if the rice would be mushy and so I decided to add it to some Spicy Asian Lettuce Wraps.
The fully cooked rice is the main ingredient in this dish and it was not mushy at all. This made the prep time for this dish go even faster and I loved that all I had to do was throw the container in the trash when I was finished. No cleanup and that totally makes this dish a one-pot meal. Would I try this rice again? Yes and it comes in so many different variants, so be sure to head over to their website www.veetee.com and check out where they are sold in your area.
Spicy Asian Lettuce Wraps
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons brown sugar, packed
- ¼ teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 6 ounces meatless crumbles
- 1 cup Veetee Long Grain Rice, cooked
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 6 Bibb lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vegetable broth, chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, and soy sauce together until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until it is thoroughly heated. Add the red bell pepper and cook until it begins to soften.
- Stir in the meatless crumbles, cooked Veetee Long Grain Rice, ginger, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the sauce to the skillet and stir constantly until it begins to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and toss in the scallions and cilantro. Serve in the lettuce leaves.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas about these Asian Lettuce Wraps? Share them in the comments below!