This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Almond Butter Yogurt Cups – The perfect frozen treat that is layered with almond butter, yogurt, strawberries, and chocolate.
Can you believe the month of February is already ending?
That is so crazy but then again it is a short month so I guess that could be a reason why. The weather here in Florida has also been a little crazy lately as well. Some days are windy and feel like the beginning of Fall, while other days are sunny and hot and make me feel like taking a trip to the beach for the day. Basically, it is the time of year in which I have to dress in layers because the weather is so unpredictable.
With the weather changes also comes food changes in my household. We have fewer soups and more grilled foods, fewer comfort foods and lighter foods, we begin to enjoy frozen treats on the warmer days and that is why I decided to make some almond butter yogurt cups. This snack is so quick and easy to prepare by beginning with a layer of creamy almond butter and topping it with a layer of plain yogurt.
Now from this point although I used slice strawberries you can really use any fruit that you prefer. I bet blueberries or raspberries would be just as delicious if used instead in this recipe. Next comes the sweetness by topping this dessert with melted chocolate. The last step in this recipe it to pop the almond butter yogurt cups into the freezer long enough to set and you will have yourself one delicious treat that only took a few minutes to make.
This recipe takes the basic chocolate nut buttercup to another level with the addition of frozen yogurt and fruit, which make it a winning combination. Store these in the freezer, but remove them prior to allow them time to thaw and soften for a few minutes before serving.
Almond Butter Yogurt Cups
- 6 tablespoons almond butter
- 6 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- sliced strawberries
- Using a muffin pan lined with muffin liners, place one tablespoon of almond butter in the bottom of each muffin well.
- Smooth until evenly distributed and add a tablespoon of yogurt in each muffin well on top of the almond butter. Top the yogurt with the slices of strawberries. Place into the freezer while you prepare the chocolate layer.
- Using a double boiler, place in the semi-sweet chocolate chips and stir continuously until they have completely melted and is smooth.
- Remove the almond butter yogurt cups from the freezer and top the strawberries with an even layer of the melted chocolate.
- Place back into the freezer and allow the cups to set for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Remove and Enjoy!
Got any comments, questions, or other Almond Butter Yogurt Cups ideas? Share them in the comments below!