Instagram is a great social media platform to connect with your followers and in this post, I will share with you 5 Ways to Increase Engagement on Instagram.
I have to admit that Instagram is my favorite social media platform. It has been a really great way for me to connect with my followers, find new people, get inspired, and communicate with brands that I love for possible sponsorship opportunities.
I believe this is because Instagram really gives people the chance to connect with me on a more personal level and I love chatting with you on there and being…well…more social. It is an amazing feeling to have grown to over 7k followers and to get to know more about people and what they are looking for from Simply LaKita. With that being said I will share with you 5 quick and easy ways to increase your engagement on Instagram and connect more with your audience.
- Be more social!—I know this should be a given since it is social media, but I think a common mistake that people tend to make on social media is to only want to post something and be done with it. Sure you may go back and respond to comments but are you really taking the time to comment on what others post and share? If not, doing more of that is key to more engagement and followers.
- Quality over Quantity—I have discovered that it not always about how much in a day that you post as much as it is about the quality of what you are posting. Be sure that you are sharing your best stuff with your followers…especially on Instagram that is extremely visual. As a general rule if you are not happy with the picture, then you probably shouldn’t post it.
- Engage in the Hashtags that you use—this is really big and is also a great way to connect with other people that are in your same niche. So when you use a particular hashtag in the caption of your photo such as #foodie, then go back into the #foodie and like and comment on the pictures of others that have used that same hashtag. I have found that doing this alone will connect you with people that will not only engage with you but will also follow you for the long haul.
- Curate a beautiful feed—before you post a photo think about how it will fit into your overall feed. Your feed should look like one big cohesive feed of what you represent. You can achieve this by using a particular filter on each photo, a complementary color palate that is revealed throughout each photo or try to edit your pictures, in the same way, each time. This will make your feed a place that people will want to stay and click around and that is exactly what you want.
- Figure out what your followers like—this is really quite easy, but be sure to ask your followers what they want and give them more of that or just take notice of the post that had more likes, comments, and higher engagement and post more like that.
If you can apply just a few of these tips or all of them, then I am certain that you will begin to see a difference in your Instagram and if you aren’t already following me on Instagram…then come join me at www.instagram.com/simplylakita.